Thursday, May 22, 2008

Team In Training Tonight.

Well tonight, I trot over the hill to Monroe to sit in on a Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TnT) meeting. I am considering running in the Marine Corps Marathon even thouh I'm not much of a distance runner. 10K distances being my longest races and then finishing at about the 1 hour mark. Still I know I can go further distances, I did about 7&3/4 miles this past saturday. So it should be a matter of putting my feeble mind to it and training up to the challenge.

Yesterday, I went to a farewell luncheon for a Gentleman I know from the FireDepatment. Pete's wife is returning from the Sandpit of the mideast and with her return the family is relocating to Alabama, the needs of the Army and all. Pete is a decent guy who'd give you the shirt off his back and will be missed.

Well, I need to get off this idiot box and go for a run & workout. Still the cool weather for spring doesn't make it easy.. Well regardless need to do that and get some practice in on my bagpipes too. On ward to better things hopefully.

No comments: