Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend/Sunday

Well, things are moving along in different ways. Almost a snowballing effect, It is thrilling and unnerving at the same time.

Thursday evening I signed up to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and run the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC come the end of October.

Friday morning I did a hard cross training regimen at the Fitness Center. 3.8 miles in 35 minutes, followed by 20/22 minutes of hard rowing on the machine, left a sizable sweat puddle under it then the inner thighs ussing the adduction machine for the patella injury followed by stretching. The over to brewster for a Chiro appt with Anne and used Frank's tire machine to break down the trailer tires to install new valves.

Saturday, ran about 6 or so miles, I do need to clock it properly. Ran from fire Station 3 on 293 out to Camp natural bridge and back

Today, I took my last truely down day from running and tommorrow the runs start in earnest.

Been awake since 04:00 and at 08:00 I was at the Shopette on Post to see who would show for the mystery ride. Only one other biker showed up, Disappointing really. But made the ride regardless. Down 9w to Bear mtn bridge, Up 9D to Peekskill rd and out 301 towards carmel. left on to Farmers Mills rd and right onto Gypsie Trail road to Putnam Cty Veterans Park. Back out to gypsietrail roud south to Nichols rd. Out to rt 52 and into Carmel where we went to George's for Breakfast. Over ate and back to Highland Falls.

Got in home about 13:00, joined Sharon my landlady for her brother's retirement part on the West Point Ferry Boat after the ride, I drove Sharon and her friends to the Barnstormer BBQ, Where a gift certificate for George & Lisa was purchased. The back to Home, Sharon and co walked around to georges, while I took care of some minor business. Covered my Motorcycle, changed off my boots for Crocs, Washed my face, checked e-mails, and then walked over to George's house.

George, is a former co-worker at the Fire Department, We both retired about the same time. He's a nice enough charater, but he's had his share of misfortune too. Yesterday he mangled a couple of fingers on a tablesaw. Sooner or later he's gonna feel the throbbing in the extremities, but he also plays the stoic well too.

Still and all I'm proud of myself, had just one beer today, and it was more than enough. Of course by my standards it isn't a real beer as it has no true flavor or taste, but it was wet and cold. I'd rather of had a water at that point but so be it.

And finally, almost to the end. I spoke with a lady today, and we've a luncheon date tomorrow. As for tomorrow, In the early morning, I'll drive up to Station 3 park there and go for a run out to Natural Bridge and back. I don't think the fitness center will be open as it is Memorial Day tomorrow. A national day of rememberance for all the nations war dead from all wars. Very similar to Britian's and Canada's Rememberance Day, but not held on the date of Armistace Day from WWI. Now called Veterans Day here in the U.S.A. But I digress and nnonsequitor from the original thoughts. Tomorrow I start training for the Marine Corps Marathon, prior to going to lunch.

Have a quiet and safe Memorial Day on Monday.

No comments: