Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday, AM run, USMA Graduation, bagpipe practice

Yep another run. Today was to be a cross training day, but I figured it a better day to get some slow eay miles in, a maintenance run for my base mileage. So about 5 miles done this morning before 7AM.

Also next week I'll be asking local store owners to pledge donations for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training (TnT) program. I've signed on to run the Marine Corps Marathon in October. Now have to concentrate on training safely and raising funds. The training is the easier part.

The U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY. had its graduation today, it felt good not having to go and work for such an auspicous event. Retirement has some good points.

Ah the afternoon has been pleasant, since the showers have passed for now, I was outside practicing my piping and I guess a few customers at the motel next door think I did pretty good, a couple even applauded. Funny though, my instructor thinks I'm doing well, maybe I'm my own worse critic; But the mistakes i make really annoy me. Still learning to play a musical instrument at any age take practice and i can play a few tunes now comfortably.

I e-mailed a friend of my who works for the Army Reserves and asked if he's up for a lunch get together on tuesday. I think I shall phone him on monday, it i don't get an e-mail response by tonight. Wow, I've been retired from the Army Reserves just over 7 years now. Where does the time go? It feels like just a couple of days ago.

Well its almost time to ring up the brothers and Mom & Dad see how they're doing. As for the weather todayot bad, about 60 degrees farenheit, overcast with a modest southernly breeze when I ran, rained about lunch time , and now my thermometer is reading 82 degrees F/27degrees C in the sun. the humidity is more of an issue. but not bad overall.

Have a good day.

No comments: