Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Evening and its calm.

Ah yes, the weather is damp, the winds are gentle, the sun is stealing through the clouds and the evening is calm. Calm is good, and I need to make a decision soon. Do I want to go on communicationg via the internet or take the next step and call the lady. So outwardly while appear calm about the decision, inwardly I feel, I am under a Sword of Damocles.

Well a unfolding of events: Yesterday, Saturday 17th of May, I went for a morning jog/run. I though I had gone only about 6 miles intially, yet when I clocked it out on my truck's odometer it was closer to 7&3/4 miles. not too shabby. I also paid Sharon, my landlord rent for June and asked her if she would be ameniable to dinner that evening. As the Day progressed I'd gone to my younger brother's home and we went about stripping his clunker of a plow vehicle of it's 1980's era polution control devices. Also I brazed closed a exhaust port for some of the smog contols removed. The related plumbing was fairly shot and rusted out as well. When I left i took along my leaf blower to use at the rental in order to remove the spring tree droppings. And some other odds & ends for use on the boat railer.

Today, 18th of May, I awoke about 05:30 and got out for a run about 06:00. Kept it to only 3 miles today, made it a recovery day after yesterday. Showered and rode the bicycle to the Laundrymat. After returning to my humble abode I got the leaf blower out and started cleaning the yard debris out. No good deed goes unpunished and I sowed the seeds for myself. I didn't secure the fuel cap on the leaf blower properly and when I bent over at one point I spilled gas and oil 2 stroke mix upon myself. Well that pair of trousers have been rinsed out and hung to air. They recieved a long rinse with today's rain as well. Still the yard is now a bit clearer than what it was. I also broke up a corner cabinet that my landlady dragged home. She left the thin venerr wood cabinet out in two weeks worth of rain so it was destroyed. that way. Rather than leaving it to rot where it was I broke it apart and put it into the trash. Its a better place for it. But she won't learn.

This afternoon, I did a bit of shopping, 10 gallons of fuel at $3.92 a gallon Well the Van has a full tank for now. A quart of milk cold cereal and some hot dogs. I'm not a big hot dog fan but occasionally they're OK. Had two today, maybe I'll hvae tow tomorrow. I think my body might reject me for the meat. Also had two beers at the South Gate, $4.00 a beer, Well that'll become a rare treat at these prices.

So now I'm just updating the weblog/diary/journal/Blog and getting ready to do what ever next strikes my fancy. Tomorrow I might return the leafblower to Pierre's if I do I'm also bringing along the bracket for my bicycle mounted shopping basket. a weld didn't hold and I'll braze it back together.

No pictures to add today, maybe next time.
Cheers!
Q

No comments: