Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday, Wow already?

With the Monday Memorial holiday the week just zipped by. Sent two letters out this week asking for support for my marathon attempt for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, have also stopped at a few business in the village and asked for support from them also. Wow, asking support and begging funds is not an easy task.

Wednesday: I ran about 7.8 miles at best, didn't manage my watersupply well but was able to finish without stopping my run. Had two beers at the South Gate and asked Emon for support for the LLS. Also a hair stylist across the street feom him and I'll need to catch Mayor Joe either at his Liquor Store or at work. Got a lot of begging to do over the next few weeks.

Thursday: Cross training day. Treadmill for speed work, 3.4 miles in 30 minutes with a progressive pace. 6MPH 10 minutes/6.5MPH 5min/7.0MPH 5min/7.5MPH 5min/8MPH 5min. 30 min run for 3.4 miles + 5min cooldown for 3.7 miles in 35 minutes. 22 min on the rowing machine for 4K meters, Thigh adductions and strectching. Bicycled to and from the gym for 6 miles. Then in the afternoon went to Pierre's and did yard work, cut wood, weed wacked. Got home showered ate dinner late and was in bed by 8 PM.

Friday: Early morning run. Goal was 8 miles, ran 8 miles in 1hr:34min. started at 05:16 and finished at 06:50. Took a fast pee break at the 5 mile mark. Had a good run and fisinshed strong. Next week, I aim for 9 miles on Friday. 8.8 miles would be my 10% increase goal. Did laundry today, clean sheets on the bed! Clean clothes for the next week or so. It was really needed. Did a little banking today, I should see my retirement income Monday. Paid off my credit card also. Should have a clean slate for June. Yea!

Well tomorrow may be a run day. Depends upon the Gym, if they open or not as it is also Graduation Day. Tomorrow is a cross training day.

Thats all for now.
Q

No comments: