Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday's whimsy

Just a few updates from this past Saturday, nothing critical or important and absolutely nothing critically important.

July 13th, ran 7 miles
July 14th, 3.45 miles
July 15th another 7 but at 5:30pm and in 80 degree F heat.
July 16th another 7 at from about 6:30am to 7:45am in 62 degree & sunny weather.

Total distance since starting training for the marathon; todate 292.9 miles. For the month of July to date; 89.68 miles. In comparisson by June 16th I had completed 81.4 miles.

Yesterday, I had Bagpipe practice in the morning followed by a trip to White Plains and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's HQ. I dropped off 46 letters requesting Donations for posting after filling out and stuffing them with pledge forms and picked up more pledge forms for my next set of mailings. The next set will be to various American Legion Posts in the region as the ones I just sent out have been to VFW posts.

I also stopped at one of the fire stations where my cousins work. One was working yesterday but the station he was at was in the opposite direction from where I was headed so no short socializations.

Yesterday evening I had hoped to run about 10 miles but with the heat of the day still strong at 6:00pm I headed back to my start finish point at the 3&1/2 Mile mark making for a total of 7 miles. Its a good thing too as i would have severly depleted my carried water by the 7 mile mark and been empty by the 8. Running on empty is no fun, nor is it safe to do. I don't need to go to the ER ever again for dehydration; done that once in my life and it was enough. But it did get me out of work for the remainder of that shift, I slept the whole time I had an IV in.

This evening I might make a run over to Bear Mountain for the weekly cruise night. I'll decide later. I may try to make it a fundraiser night for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society as well if I do go.

Well that pretty much covers the current events. Gonna grab my coffee and go slug out in the back yard for a bit.

Everyone have a safe and uneventful summer day.

Q

No comments: