Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Surprise.

OK, I was going to try to post some photos but I ran into technical glitches. Ah technology its a constant wonder; A wonder it doesn't drive more people off the deep end.

well let me try yet again, I may end up having to post one at a time Like that will be a surprise. OK that didn't work so no photos today folks, sorry.

Well Saturday, wasn't much of a day, I basicly veggetated and hid from the weather much of the day till mid afternoon. It was a recovery day from the 15.6 mile run on friday morning. Still thats not to say I wasn't productive the entire day. I did replenish my small stock of beer. 12 bottles that should last me about 2 weeks at best. As it was today I had two beers and that was more than ample with the heat of the day. But back to friday.

Before I replenished my beer stock I purchased two cans of spray paint in order to mark public surfaces. Whats that? Oh never mind, its the usual hecklers wanting to know if I'm branching out as a grafitti artist. No, not becoming a grafitti artist, although.... Where was I , oh yes the spray paint. Actually the public surfaces I was marking were the state highways adjacent to and running through the Military reservation at West Point. I had marked distances on the pavement previously in orange spray paint, every 1/2 mile from the firestation on 293 out towards Long Mountain Parkway and back towards Washington Gate. The problem I ran into was on my early morning runs I would miss marks for my turn around points. So I made the points easier to find. I painted flouresent orange and gloss white rounderals at the 1/2 mile increments. The gloss white donut around the flouresent center should be easier to find by flashlight at the obscene hours I go out for my long runs.

After painting 15 spots on the highway I went up to Round Pond recreation area to practice my bagpiping for awhile, followed by a trip back onto West Point to replenish my beer stocks before heading home and calling it a night. A 12 pack of beer should last me at least a week and a half. A bottle of wine won't last out an evening. While I like my beer & wine I prefer to go to sleep sober, its easier on me.
I never have to deal with the Katzenjammer Kid that way (Katzenjammer is an old german reference to a hangover).

Sunday, Hot steamy humid Sunday. Woke up got out of bed and didn't bother with a comb across my head. Nope took a little while to get my act together and went up to Fire Station 3 to Park and run 6 miles as part of my marathon training. Accomplished that in 1hr/3min/28sec. then went home washed my running atire and hung it out to dry & had breakfast.

About noon time I fired up Leaky lena and went to Antony Wayne Recreation are for the Rockland County Irish Feis. It was OK the heat & Humidity made it worse. But wathced a few pipebands, took some photos and then went to watch the attemp at a Guinness record, 300 celtic dancers in a line.

Well those where the photos I tried to post but it isn't happening tonight so maybe tomorrow.

As for my final escapade of the day; Well what I didn't tell you was that while at the feis, I changed from wearing my trousers to a kilt. I fired up leaky lena and rode home with the kilt flapping in the breeze. I must of been a humorous sight, antique motorcycle, kilt clad operator wearing combat boots just motoring down the Parkway.

Well hey it was hot and the wind blowing up my skirt felt good.

Ok thats all for tonight. Please, if you can make a donation to either the Fisher House fundraiser or the leukemia Team In training fundraier links on this page.
Thank you and have a safe night.

Q

No comments: