Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday Supplement / Independence Day Weekend

OK I've been busy with numerous things this holiday weekend. I guess a progressive break down is in order.

Friday July 4th. In the morning i did a 5.63 mile run in 59 minutes:41.52 seconds. Then relaxed and practice some bagpiping in the morning before heading to the Parade in the afternoon. I had a standing invitation to visit my older brother in Pennsylvania; Hitched a ride with the local Volunteer Ambulance Coprs to the gate at West Point for the parade line up; Marched in the local Independence Day Parade Ahead of the Local Volunteer Fire Department as a Solo Bagpiper (only bagpiper in the parade); Met members of the 82nd Airborne Association Division, Had a quick bit to eat at a AUSA function with them, May consider joining; Then drove over to PA to my brothers place arriving there in the late evening. There may be pictures available through the News of the Highlands and in the Record On line (Times Herals Record) Middletown NY. Did a impromtu bagpipe performance that same night at my brother's home.

Saturday, July 5th. Ran about 5 miles in the morning 50 min: 32.23 sec. Went off to breakfast ordered a short stack of pancakes that was huge. Both pancakes were overhanging the plate. I couldn't finish it all. Wow, the we went down to the bank and grocerystore for provisions and Ice and back home for an afternoon and evening of drinking and socializing. I wore a kilt all afternoon as it was the more comfortable clothes I had with me.

Sunday July 6th, ran about 2 miles roughly in 23 min: 27.36 sec. then took my brothers puppies for a walk/jog & run. The dogs are really nice pups need some training but not badly behaved otherwise. they are Bernise Mountain/Golden Retriever Mixes. I don't think they'll get much too much bigger than a Golden Retriever
but they ar 5 months old and 53 pounds already.

Left the house at 13:00 and I-84 traffic was moving slowly in PA. I guess the folks were a bit worried about doing 55 MPH through the construction zones. Still once I got to Chester, NY. I got off the Quickway, NY Rt 17/future I-86 and took Rt 17M. Lets just say its was less frustration than dealing with the NYC bound traffic and kept me in a calmer frame of mind.

Well I also stopped and fueled my truck tonight and picked up some t-shirts. I'm now wearing Large T-shirts down from extra and double extra large. Tomorrow morning I run again!

Good night and a safe week everybody.

Q

No comments: