Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday madness



It is Monday July 7th, the 7th day of the 7th month so what did I do to entitle this Monday Madness? Add the two numbers together and you'll have the answer concerning the number of miles I ran today in preparation for the upcoming Marine Corps Marathon. Actually I did 14.1 miles this morning in 2:36:55.55 not blazing fast like the elite runners, but I've never been an elite sports enthusiast. I'd rather just do some jogging and down a beer or three.

Well this week I can take it a little easier now as I've gotten the long run out of the way. Probably I'll hit the gym in the AM and then drag my little sail boat over to Candlewood Lake in CT for an easy afternoon sail.

In regards to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the Team In Training Program, I'm not anywhere near where I should be in fund raising. 865 of 2800. Yikes! Well hopefully I can collect something for my day of Bagpiping for the local 4th of July Parade. I can only hope for a fair amount. Well I'm done for today, time to dress and play.

Have a safe day all.
Q

No comments: