Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday: Ten miles & high, elevation wise that is.




Good day anyone following my missives and mutterings. Lets see where did I leave off?
Monday, OK so I need to cover some ground and bring some things up to date.

Which is faster a 50 year old jogger or the 48 year old motorcycle design shown above? OK which has more endurance? Some days even I have a hard time deciding.

Tuesday; was a cross trainingday, excuse me I said cross training not cross dressing. Geez I think I got the old guys from the Muppet Show's Box seats haranguing me. OK where was I oh yeah cross training day. Well bicycle to the gym, run on the treadmill for some speed work, shift to the rowing machine for total body conditioning then to the leg adduction machine to strenghten the inner thighs and a bicycle ride back home, Knocked off about an hour & fifteen minutes in the gym and maybe another half hour for the bicycle rides total.

Wednesday; Rest Day, not running or jumping well pretty much no running or jumping. Bagpipe practice in the morning followed by a trip to the DMV office. I tried to apply the registration decals on my sail boat the other day and they wouldn't peel from the backing paper. Not a critical issue but it could be a legal problem if I had tried to use the boat in public water ways and was checked out by law enforcement. Printed and mailed off a bunch of letters asking for donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for the Team In Training program. I'm attempting to raise monies for the charity and they'll in return provide me a spot on the Marine Corps Marathon, That will also explain the insane, by some standards, distances I've been running over the past weeks.

Which pretty much brings us up to today. Thursday, ten miles of distance and high in elevation. Actually I ran 10.23 miles climbed to 785 feet in elevation above sea level then down to 4 feet above sea level before returning to my starting elevation. All this in the matter of 1 hour, 52 minutes and 04.76 seconds. Pretty good for a joker with weak knees. As for today I do need to get out a get some postal envelopes, legal sized work best for the charity mailings. I'm gonna have to send out a few hundred more I suspect. Still I'm going to use the Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion as a contact base for my fund raising efforts.

Well that should cover much of what I've done and been doing. Been e-mailing a couple of ladies but I doubt we'll meet and develop a serious relationship. I might be too much of a Peter pan type individual for them.

Well regardless, to all who may read this have a safe day a easy week and a fun evening.

Cheers & prosit.

Q

No comments: