Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday; Fundraising & Marathon Training.

I am working to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am doing this through the Team In Training Program and information can be found at www.teamintraining.org/wch

I hope to meet the fundraising goal of $2,800 and also run in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington D.C. on October 26th. I've choosen this as a charity to support personally this year as my older brother is now a 17 year survivor of Leukemia, I'm retired from a job in public safety and have time to try to raise funds and train for the event.

There is also a person whom I hope to emulate in this regard and that is John Guinan. He was very active with the Annual Bicycle Ride Against AIDS. He passed away yesterday from an agressive brain cancer. His Daughter and Friends Rode last year as Team Guinan on his behalf. Please Google the Aids Ride and if you can please make a contribution for Team Guinan on John's behalf. Its a very worthy cause and I'll try to find a link for my next posting.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society/Team In Training/Marine Corps Marathon update.
I've sent numerous letters out to People and Organizations I know and don't know asking for support. I'll be participating in a fall event the Marine Corps Marathon with the grace of God and the Support of Man.

Training update:
the last week of may I had a cumulative running mileage of 35.6 miles, Bicycling 0 mi
1 June run 4.25
2 June run 7.0
3 June Bic 22
4 June run 8.25

Closing for now, everyone please have a safe week and drive with courtesy.

Q

No comments: