Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Madness; Team In Training & Marathon prep.

Seems like a good name, and it rolls; Monday Madness.

As for today I've run already and tried a new thing with the run as well. Used a Camel Back water carrier for my first time. It wasn't uncomfortable to use just different and for the longer run really helpful as my hands were unencumbered. I purchased it as a clearance item so I saved a couple of dollars as well.

Running;

Yesterday, I was at Rocland Lake State Park with the Team In Training People, We had a group run at 08:00 with 3 miles around the lake. I broke my run/jog in a small series of runs and sprints as I had done a consistant pace for 10 miles on Saturday.

Today, I ran for 9.6 miles through the Village of Highland Falls and the Main Campus of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY. In 1 hour and 59 minutes I went from the south end of Highland Falls, up through Eagle Valley, down on to the West Point Golf Course in through Washington Gate, down through Central Area and out around Buffalo Soldier's Field and out Thayer Gate, down Main St Highland Falls and back to Home.

Surprisingly I still had water in the Camel Back when I was done. Lost about 3 to 4 pounds water weight via sweat but didn't feel bad at all. I believe the Camel Back really helped.

Other regards;
Later today I shall grab my bagpipes and go practice. Also I practiced a bit at Rockland St. park before the run yesterday. Now its a matter of learning to walk and play. Hmm walking and chewing gum has posed problems in the past, this could get ugly.

OK I'll ask you, the good readers to please click on the link to the left that reads http://pages.teamintraining.org/wch/corps08/qchastant and if you can please make a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through the Team In Training website.

Thank you for your help with my fundraising effort.

Sincerely
Q

No comments: