Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Blog

St. Paddy's day 10K Yorktown, NY
Hmm last update was Thursday, OK lets see what I can do and not bore you to tears.

Friday I took time off from running from reality and rode my bicycle instead, did a little cross training and just had an easy day of it. And there is a reason for that.

Saturday was my long training run of the week. Knocked out 11 miles in just under 2 hours. Not bad for a 50 year old Juvenile Delinquent wearing a knee brace. Just a simple out and back course with a goodly climb in the middle. The average elevation change was 350 feet. Got on the roadway at 20 till 5 in the morning and the weather was excellent, clear pastel blue skies setting moon, ahead of me on the outward leg. Rising sun and a glorious morning on the inward leg. Listening to the birds warm up and start singing in the grey hours before dawn is fantastic and the bull frogs by the lake adding a bass line to the song.

It isn't untill I'm about an hour and a half into the early morning run i see anotherperson on the road , not driving a car or truck; but usually riding a bicycle. The early hours of the day are mine.

Sunday Morning, you would think that I would rest after a long run and not before. Actually I find it easier to take a liesurely jog and allow myself to get wound up over details. Still for the 3.3 miles i went 35 minutes may seem fast to some but its my average time.

Tomorrow depending upon my inclination I shall do between 6 and 10 miles of easy running. The 6 mile course has a higher elevation than the 10 mile loop but both will see a substantial climb in the first two miles.

So what do I do besides run and try to raise funds for the leukemia and lymphoma Society you might ask? Well by looking at the photos in flicker you may mark me as a cross dresser. That was a fund raising run in Albany this past may.

No, I actually don't do too much. Play the bagpipes somewhat, some lumberjacking and automotive repair when essential. Generally I just go about life living and enjoying it. Have a few beers relax and watch people. It can be so much better than reality TV.

Cheers & Prosit Alles!
Q

No comments: