Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday update, 9 June 08

I'll repost the links so they stay current.
Two links should be posted www.brakingthecycle.org and www.teamintraining.org/wch

One is the AIDS Ride, John Guinan supported and Team Guinan supports
the other I am currently supporting

Hmmm last entry 5 June OK I guess I start with 6 June.

6 June, Friday. Thunderstorms in AM, ran 6 miles in 60 minutes. Or should I say I had the devil of a run for the day? :D Followed with going to John's wake in the Afternoon. I had no words for the family.

7 June, Saturday, Ran 9 miles in 1:46:00 not a blistering pace, but warm foggy and humid. I had a choice, attend Johns funeral or go play with some folks in the Delaware River. I said my good by to John on Friday, The funeral and wake would be nice but I think the crowds would of been intimidating for the family as well. They've got grief enough to deal with and I've no way to provide comfort except for support when and as they may need it. They can reach me through Ed.

Saturday on the river was fun I was able to forget about my cares and worries. Finished a mini Keg of Beer; didn't drink it all by myself, I did share. Played a few songs on the bagpipes and went home. Motorcycle rally to attend on Sunday.

8 June Sunday, ran a slow 3 miles and then went to the Rolling Thunder, NY Chptr 3, Salute to the Military Ride. Good ride. I stopped to help a rider with a flat tire. the reat tire just wouldn't hold air. Got back to the rally site a bit latter, heard some speaches and music had a dog and a burger and some soda. Also spoke to Congressman John Hall, told him he's got some excellent staffers and that they should be commended also. The one staffer didn't recognize me although he aided me in my case. He was pleasantly surprised.

9 June, Monday. the heat is on and summer is in full function. 81 in the shade/86 in the sun when I finished my morning run. Only 2 miles. Good enough with the heat..

Well time for more water and to kick back abit.

Be safe and take it easy, Life is too serious not to have some fun.

Q

No comments: