Thursday, October 30, 2008

Early snow, bad weather and halloween.

A short synopsis, I finally got back to my current abode on Tuesday the 28 of October. While the weather here in the Hudson Valley wasn't pleasant elsewhere in the region it was worse. Snow almost 1 foot fell in western orange and Eastern Pike Counties, pleanty of folks lost power due to trees still with leaves upon them having limbs break or themselves falling under the load of snow.

While I wasn't directly affected, my older brother who lives in Pike County, PA. was and he asked me to check upon a few things while he was working a job above the squall line in NY State.

His house had been without power since sometime on Tuesday and I went over with an old portable generator just big enough to operate essential items. Boiler for heat, well pump, rerigerator. Well I was able to power up the refrigerator and freezer there as well as a lamp or two but I couldn't power his boiler or well as he hadn't had an electrician put in a AB switch and power supply point to feed it.
But compared to many people in the Pike County Region he got lucky and had electrical services restored by about 17:00/5:00PM.

So my day on Wednesday was easy enough, hit the gym first thing in the morning, field a call from my brother asking for assistance and spend the afternoon in Pike County tending a genset wit powercables snaked through his home. That and I took his two dogs for a short walk as well. Now his dogs well they aren't small and they aren't even a yearold yet. Still they got to be at least 80 pounds apiece. A mix between a Mountain Dog and Golden Retriever. Nice dogs, just in need of more training and discipline.

Today Thursday the 30th, I started my day with a 3.3 mile run, followed by a show and wasting the better part of the day on the computer. Late this afternoon/early this evening I took a 3.3 mile walk, and have had a few beers. Basicly I squandered a good day.

Tomorrow is Halloween. Hmm Costume, thats easy I'll put on my kilt and claim I'm Grounds Keeper Willie from the Simpsons. Or just go off as the World's Worst Piper.

Well that is the simple update for today, if I don't add more on friday or during thweekend it due to being caught up in a few commitmants.

Have a safe Samhain/Halloween and weekend everyone.
Cheers & Prosit Alles!

Q

No comments: