Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday Morning @ 04:00

Yes, 04:00 and I'm blogging, I've got no life. Actually I awoke at 03:00 and couldn't fall back asleep so here I am just adding a bit to the blog.

Thursday started out with a short run and a hang over. As i got into the run the hangover disappated and the run became slightly longer than my normal short runs finishing out a 4&1/3 miles in 46 minutes.

In regards to other small aspects I do own a older GPS unit a Garmin 72. Its good for some things but not good for others, I can't use it as a road guide or TomTom unit. But its functional for telling me where I am, and thats the info I want out of it as when I do use it, I'm usually using it in conjunction with a old fashioned topograghic map.

Well the GPS was going to a blank screen while in the mode I normally us and I thought it had developed a problem from being in a hot back pack this past summer. I will use it to accurately record a trail or path to later mark out on the map for future reference. So for accuracy it is always in the WAAS enabled mode. I didn't consider disabling the WAAS Mode so I e-mailed Garmin the question as for why the screen goes blank. Garmin replied that a significant change in the Satelite system was causing the problem and to try the unit ouside the WAAS enabled mode. OK I'll give it a try and the system worked. Yea I don't need to mail it back to Garmin for repairs.

OK so I know what the issue is whats the repair? Down load an Update, so I check on line for the items I need to do that. Wow talk about insanity. The basic computer cables cost about 1/3rd of what the GPS unit did. Also since I use a laptop as my home computer I need an adapter with applicable software to run the UBS to 9 pin cable connection. OK well friday is another day and I'll take care of it then. So that pretty much covers Thursday.

Friday 10 October;
The day dawns clear and comfortably and I head off to the GYM for my physical exertion of the day. So out comes the Bicycle and I pedal my ass, but no body is buying, so I end up at the GYM. Grid lock in the locker room, I arrive as a mass of humanity is cleaning up there act inorder to go back to the daily grind. Still I find an open locker secure my dry clothes for when I'm done and head out to the floor.

First stop, the Giant Gerbil Trail also known as a Treadmill. Why because I can use it to make myself work a little harder than I've been doing. So I start off in a similar fashion as this past Monday. Slope set at 5%, speed at 6 MPH and after 5 minutes bump it up to 6.5 MPH. near the 15 minute mark bring the slope back to zero and bump the speed to 7.0 MPH another 5 minutes 8 MPH another 5 minutes reduce the speed for a short breather than increase it again. Finish out 3.4 miles in 30 minutes and with the cool down segment total 3.7 miles.

Second stop, The rowing machine. I generally spend 20 minutes on the rower at a steady pace and flow. And the sweat does flow; a indoor rowing machine with its own body of liquid. Not a neat trick as I fully create a good size puddle of sweat under it and need to use the mop from the janitorial closet to clean up after myself. So after my hard work out in the GYM, back to the locker room for dry clothes as I've got a bicycle ride ahead of me and sweat drenched clothes don't make for a comfortable ride no matter how short the distance and that effectively covers Friday morning ride home shower dress and do a computer search for near by (theres an oxymoron) shops which may have the computer patch cables for the Garmin GPS.

Friday afternoon, OK I'm in luck just 10 miles down the road theres a shop with the 9 pin computer to GPS cable cable connector so I snag that up. chaging 45 dollars, it also doubles as a extrenal power source form a vehicle, not that I often will use it that way. Next stop, Radio Shack, Why because I need a USB to 9 pin cable adapter 20 miles another direction. Chaching 35 dollars. Not counting fuel used and personal time 80 dollars spent to down load a software upgrade free from Garmin. Well the down load of program changes work and the GPS unit is fully functional again.

Which brings me to something about American Business Practices. We're morons! yes American is a nation of morons and MBAs lead the way!

Oh our businesses and indusries can make world class products, but too often we don't keep up with technologies we've developed. It is ignorance to have to purchase an adapter along with associated software to make a simple patch cable functional with a newer computer. OK Irealize the original configuration was meant for a desk top and older lap tops but did anyone at Garmin wake up and smell the coffee? Hello imbicles, you need to offer the 4 pin GPS connector with a UBS port option. and how about updating the web site at the same time so a clearer picture of what the cables look like can be displayed too; Or would that cut into the profit margin.

Speaking of Ass Hat MBAs did anyone get a laugh from the bull shit in Congress this past week? The head of Lehman Bros. feels just terrible about the American Public being raped by bad business practices. But he still has his multi million dollar Pay Out along with the senior executives of AIG and how many other failing institutions?

Hopefully some day when he needs support and equity of a different nature he gets treated with all due care and support of a criminal that he is and losses it all. Not a governmental slap of the wrist and Bad Boy don't do that again. But the Ambulance Crew and Doctors and Nurses just telling him sorry parasite, But I've got honest working people who need more help care and assistance than you deserve or now can afford. And they just leave him on a bench off to the side of the Emergency Room while he watches the life blood slowly seep from his painfully open untreated gangreous wounds. Sort of whats happening now to millions of Americans because of greedy MBA practices.

So what am I doing the rest of the day? I think I've gotten my rant out of the way. I guess maybe I'll go for a run then take my little sail boat up to the winter storage loaction followed by putzing around in my brother's barn helping him to get stuff ready for winter.

Well at least I'm not going off about shoddy building construction which allows me to listen in on the Bed Spring Symphony and Estatic Choral Production from the couple upstairs.

I'm outa here for a while,

Q

No comments: