Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday morning, prerace jitters and update.

Firday 24 October, 2008. I awoke this morning ot 03:30, nervousness about the up comming marathon is the most likely reason; although It is only a longer duration run than a few of the others I've done.

Still to burn time I played on the computer and visted a running related website I enjoy. Then at 06:00 I went out for my final run before the Marathon on Sunday. Just 3.3 miles home to Thayer Gate and back. I could of gone out much earlier in the morning, But again I chose not to maybe the 33/34 degree temperature felt daunting. Still my run is done for today, I've my coffee next to me and a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Yesterday, was a scheduled down day from running and I spent the betterpart of the afternoon at my brother's property cutting back weeds,wild rose bushes and small trees from the frontage. I much prefer doing that sort of manual labor this time of year as I find it difficult to abid by the heat of summer. The draw back being my hands will blanch and go numb from the cooler temperatures, Just a few words concerning protecting your hands in the winter; Mittens and don't expose them to nature or chemicals such as fuel oil, gasoline or other vilotile hydrocarbons which evaporate quickly, Frost nip is a major concern and several serious repeat bouts have taken their toll over the years. Fire Trucks having enclosed cabins for the crew is a major plus come this time of year.

Well I'm going off line shortlyand later will heading to another of my brothers' home and spending the night there before catching the Morning Train to Washington DC. As for now its laundry time. I don't need the stuff I wore this morning reeking in a corner for a long weekend.

Safe day everone.

Q

No comments: