Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Morning Antsiness.

06:30 AM, Monday the 20th of October 2008.

Now I feel nervous about the upcoming Marathon on the 26th.
I'm in taper mode and I just want to run, run, run. I can hardly wait to get this done.
I've had no injuries in training aside from a loosened toenail bed and that is healing nicely.
I will wear my knee braces for the run, I have too due to prior injuries and instability both form stresses, injuries and abuse when I was much younger and now may be as much due to having been seriously over weight for years and still making strong demands upon my skeleton and musculature.

Well as for today, my training regimen calls for cross training and rest without any running as I desire. Tuesday will be a modest 3 mile run at nearly an 11 min a mile pace. Wednesday again a rest and cross training day. Thursday 5 miles, Friday 3 miles, Saturday Rest and Travel Day. Sunday the full marathon distance of 26.2 miles. Well that is what my training schedule is calling for at least.

Let me just say I am feeling antsy and just want to get this done now.

I still can hardly believe I ran up and down Bear Mountain yesterday. It wasn't the distance that makes it impressive for me its the elevation I climbed from the Bear Mountain Inn to the Road on the Summit. Oh I know compared to the runners in the Rocky Mountains, on the West Coast, and some locations here along the Appalachian Range that 1,123 feet is a modest bump. But I am still some what awed when held in comparisson to my other runs. Still the saving grace for me was the easy grade I climbed compared to a few other roads I've been training upon.

As for today, I'll be running a few items to storage for the winter, pricing out self storage facilities and preparing to abandon where I've called home for these past 7 years for a long term.

Waking up at odd hours due to the neighbors having loud noisy sex is also an added impetus. Yet still I want to try to follow my original plan, somewhat, for after I retired and see other aspects of the continetal United States. I don't want to be locked down to a single location as I have been.

So as for near term activities. Run the marathon on the 26th, a couple of Halloween events, Vote on Election Day, play the pipes with Joe Brady, Sr. at the State Veteran's Home in Montross on Nov 11th. Then depart for points south.

So today I'll go for an easy walk of several miles and transfer things I'm not too worried abou to my younger brother's barn for the winter. I don't thing I'm going to need a large room air conditioner unit for some time to come.

Cheers & prosit

Q

No comments: