Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday morning and tomorrow is electionday.

Yeah tomorrow is electionday, meaning today is media blitz day. I wonder how many of us will be utter relieved when the madness is over? So far this is shaping up to be as nasty and contentious an election period as humanly possible to pull off and may make the recounts in Florida pale in comparison.

Well, regardless of who you support as a candidate, vote. While your voice in congress has been reduced by the numbers game, more population and stagnated number of representatives. Your vote does count, even look into the local and state issues you can decide upon. Those are often under reported and poorly explained prior to the actual day of the election. and an uniformed choice at the voting booth can leave you with no choice.

Still vote for the candiate and issues of your choice.

OK now that the Public Service Message is out of the way; back to my normal state of ill defined reason to being here.

I'm keeping up with my physical fitness routines, not running the crazy long distances but still running and exercising.

Friday was Halloween/Samhain and I spent the morning packing up and tranfering some belongings to my brother's barn in anticipation of a mid November departure. Saturday evening I pulled on my kilt and sporran and went to a local halloween party. No great shakes but a bit of fun.

Saturday morning I hooked up with one of my cousins, and we got onto West Point and took a block of parking spaces for a tailparty for the Army/AirForce Game. Yes, we were able to get all the beer and food transports to the same area and keep the logistics simple. It helped that I had a plan and defined mission statement to pull the coup off. The parking NAZIs had no clue about what was done. and the exact details are subject to a secrecy disclosure act and will not be revealed. Still the KISS criteria helped.

The Game was a disappointment for Army Fans, but hey what can I say? Regardless it was a fantastic day for the spectators, clear skies, warm temperatures, good food and plentiful beverages.

Sunday got out and ran followed by laundry, grocery shopping and following another of my cousins progress in the NYC Marathon. She had a very good time of just over 4 hours and I feel did very well. After the portion of the NYC Marathon I was interested in was over it was off to a local bar for a sandwich, onion rings and beer.

In regards to returning back to standard time, Its gonna feel strange watching sun set come earlier again.

As for today, I'm heading out to the gym in a while and then its back to cleaning up and disposing of stuff as well as packing away things. I'm committed to a mid November departure.

Safe day everyone.
Q

No comments: