Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday, 9 Nov 2008

Well things have been bad and things have been worse. But at least I don't travel in a hearse.

I'm without high tech transportation for a few days, the Transmission in the Van decided 126,300 miles was enough and imploded on Friday Morning. Just as I started across the Newburg/Beacon bridge on my way to Castle Point VA Hospital to donate some items followed by a run to my brother's barn to secure some more odds & ends.

Well I dropped some items off at the VA and then nursed the Van to the Ford Dealership I purchased it from. I knew the tranny was FUBAR and they wanted to ensure that before ordering a replacement. I refuse ever to deal with AAMCO/COTTMAN/LEE MILES as they don't offer a worth while warranty, true nationwide service or stand behind their work; Or at least that has been my experience with the idiots. Yep I will always suggest people look to better alternatives. Ford at least is giving a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty for a refurtbished tranny.

So getting home from the dealership was another experience, walked to the train station in beacon paid 2.75 for a trip to Garrison, NY dialed the taxi for Highland Falls/446 TAXI, and never recieved a response or call back as was expected from those asshats. They provided shoddy and spotty service to and from Garrison Landing for the Cadets from West Point. So I waited where I knew the Cadets escaping for the weekend would be dropped off and jumped in the first TAXI headed back to Highland Falls, $20.00 It could of been worse but a reliable bus service would be better.

So what else is new? Hmmm. Ran 6.82 miles in 1 hour, 3 minutes and 39 seconds on friday morning, I might of been able to run faster but the climb up and over West Point is always a challenge. Just a simple 371/2 miles on Saturday Morning and a easy 4 mile run this morning.

Walked to the South Gate Tavern in Highland Falls last night and saw Jim Donnery from Guinan's He's doing well and says Jane & his Mom are doing fine too. Emon's Bar is OK, but is geared for a much different crowd. Still, I'm in more for the social contact than the quality of the bevergaes. That and since the weather was less than nice i didn't want to stay out too long. Walking back home alongside a busy roadway at night isn't my idea of a fun or safe activity.

Armistace/Veterans Day is this coming Tuesday the 11th. I'm supposed to play bagpipes alongside Joe Brady Sr. and a few other Students of his at the Veterans Home in Montross but since I'm without transportation I couldn't get down for a group practice session today and tuesday morning doesn't look good either. So I'm a little disappointed but hey at least Joe is doing what he can for the folks at the Home.

Well, I need to turn my attention to packing some more stuff and getting ready to blow out of here after I get the van back sometime later this week.

Safe week all.
Q.

No comments: