Thursday, April 24, 2008

Damn glitches and computer gremlins.

Yeah I tried to post yesterday but the usual glitches and gremlins struck and confounded my actions.

Well to summerize all that's occured over the last week & a half or so:
15 April I recieved a letter from OPM dated 14 April to pay into my retirement system monies not collected while I was a Tempory and Term Hire in the 1980's So on Monday the 17th I mailed to OPM the sum of $1,026 to cover the costs quoted in the letter.

17 April, Thursday evening I broke a molar so that pretty much set the tune for friday morning.
18 April, Friday did my morning run and then went to the dentist for an emergency visit. $50 copay for insurance and $750 paid up front for a new crown. Gack, its not so much the cost, which is high but the fact I still haven't seen a full retirement check yet. Thanks OPM.
Out of the Dentist's facilities by 11:30 and on my way to my Brother's home in PA to babysit his two 12 week old puppies for the weekend.
19 April, Walk the pups then secure them while I go for a 4.8 mile run. then walk em a few more times during the day while I do numerous loads of laundry for my brother & his girl friend.
20 April, walk the pups and sort of repeat the morning of the 19th. but with a 4 mile run instead.
In the afternoon my brother gets back into the area and invites me over to a local bar called Mel's, Well Mr. Alcohol drives my Bro and I call it a night and head back to his domicile while I'm able. I don't need to be drunk & stupid for a long ride home so I crash at his place for the night.
21 April, wake up walk the pups and leave their mess for my brother to clean up. When I leave stop by Big W Mechanical and talk to Warner, get some information that I can provide to my local MC club for a future group ride. Get home and go for a 5.4 mile walk.
22 April, go to the fitness center to workout, slight interruption for a false fire alarm.
23 April, 3mile & change jog and bagpipe practice. Get a call from OPM at the end of practice. They screwed up again/still. and used the wrong info to figure out my pay in for the retirement when they didn't collect any monies. I've already sent on check to the idiots. OK I give verbal OK over the telephone to collect the difference from the first full check its $200+ Dollars I want to say closer to $300 Dollars. But now I want these idiots to just get the system working. Its now coming on 1/3 of a year since I've retired and the system isn't working like they said it should.
24 April, talked to Mr. Matthew Schwartz (?) at Congressman John Hall's office, I returned his call at noon time after spending the morning with the West Point MMP/MC at the grand opening of Orange County Chopper's new store/office/manufacturing (assembling they don't actually manufacture squat) facility in the Town of Newburgh, NY. But I digress. I brought Mr. Schwartz up to date with what has occurred with OPM. He seemed happy that the system was moving a bit faster than the 4 to 6 weeks that I was originally informed to expect. I'm not so sure its working properly though.

And that brings me up to date sort of. I also went for a 5 mile jog today, the 77 degree (Farenheit) temperatures, low humidity and slight breeze helped, but, I still drank all the water I carried and needed more when I was done.

Tomorrow the 25th I'll check to see if my chain saws are ready for pick up from the shop.

Well I'm done for tonight, have a safe weekend whoever reads this.
Q

No comments: