Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ah Saturday

OK several things,
Finally got a letter I've been waiting for from OPM regarding retirement. Not that its now been over 100 days since I've retired. But still its an issue of timeliness. So now Monday I will go to the Credit Union and get a Bank check made out for just over $1,000 dollars to pay into the retirement system for just shy of 16 months work for which no contributions were made into my retirement system, although i inquired about paying previously to no avail. The end result my retirement payments will increase by $72.00 a month. Over the course of 2 years that will be recouped and well worth the initial cost. Still 100 days to get this ball rolling is rediculous. Still I'll make photocopies of everything for my records knowing how screwed up OPM is.

This evening I've a Date with a pleasant Lady and I hope this turns to become a long term relationship. Stiil right now I feel like a schoolboy headed to the principal's office. Nervous, yes, scared? not as much as my time in Bosnia & Herzigovinia. Still I'm getting goose bumps.

Exercise. Ah the bane and essential activity to a healthy life. I've been exercising on a regular basis for some months now and maybe I'm ready to consider a commitment to something even more daring. I know I can run 6.1 miles and finish well, yes 1 hour is finishing well for a 6'2" 230 pound 50 year old beer consumer. Still I'm going to try something new I think. I'm going to try to train up for and run a marathon. I feel I can run a 5 hour period with proper training. Its a matter of getting into the grove and doing it. Now to do something with the run. The Leukemia Society has a good program and they offer coaching and training tips. Since my Older Brother is a Leukemia survivor, well lets say I've the time and now an added incentive.

Also I've been asked to take part in an AIDS ride this year as well, so if there aren't too many conflicts of dates perhaps I'll train for and do both this year.

As for today I ran 5 miles and now am recovering. I should of gotten out earlier in the day but 10:00 AM, 65 degrees and sunny skies aren't bad, just not my idea of comfortable running conditions. Well thats all for now, I should take a short nap to rest up for this evening but again, I'm nervous and may not get the rest needed but I'll try.

Have a safe day.

No comments: