Tuesday, February 26, 2008

On the road again?

Well, probably not in the way Willie Nelson meant it. But I'll be on the road again soon enough and that is when this blog should see strange additions.

Currently the weather isn't great nor is it totally trash. Mid 30 (F) and light rain. I had my van serviced inpreparation for my road trips this year. I head to Florida on Thursday Saturday morning at the very latest. Don't rally need to go, but want to go. My cousin will be visiting family there and I want to see him before he is Iraq bound.

Yesterday was a wonderful day, made my VA appointment, they took X-rays of my knees for the Orthopeadist to review when I see him/her on March 12th. Then went over to Farnstock St. Park and practiced some bagpipe tunes. Followed by a run down to Cold Spring where I took a walk about Main St. Finally I progressed up to the Stadium. There Capt'n Tom Whyte (FDNY ret) threw a small get together and retirement social for me. Mr. Jim Guinan, John Guinan, John Scalpi, Mike and Lea Strang, Dan Donelly, Pierre, Helmut and Ed Preusser all from there came by to wish me well with the retirement from West Point (USMA) Fire Department. Mr Joe Brady Sr. was to come but he had a few last minute issues come up and couldn't make it. He did give me a call and apologied for missing the event. That he was willing to come is enough. Joe Sr. is my Bagpipe instructor and to try to teach me indicates he has a world of patience.

Truefully I realize everyone has a busy and hectic life and to try to cut out of work early for a Monday social gathering is difficult at best and somethimes just impossible. Well for my next trick I shall try to figure out how to post photos here or make working links to my Flickr account so you can view some of what I write about.

Till next time drive safely, enjoy yourselves and your families and remember life is too short to hold grudges, plus a grudge will never improve your outlook on life. But still smile it'll keep people guessing what you've been up to.

No comments: