Monday, August 11, 2008

Surprising little twists to life.

Yesterday after my 18 mile jaunt, I took it easy through the remainder of the morning and a nap from 12:00 to 13:00 (24 hour clock, 1 PM). Afterwards I went down to the local Irish bar which leads to the following nonsequitor.

There was a standing joke that if you stood at the intersection of Times square and 42nd Street in NYC you would meet practically every one you ever knew. As for myself I seem to come across people, or them me at random intervals and places. This held true yesterday; Well some people you never really expact to see again in your life, What with decades of seperation due to personal events and career choices. Well as noted I was in the bar and a small party walks in; Now one lady looks familiar, very familiar (get that dirty though out of your heads right now). Well unfortunately I'm staring and she's looking back, when she lets loose with my name. Small world and a big surpise she was one of my senior officers from the Army Reserves whom I served in Cuba and the Balkans with.

Some places, are like that, you can sit there and wonder whats going to happen next and wham you are part of whats happening. Well we had a enjoyable short conversation and things are going well for her and her family some of who where part of her party.

Again even I am surprised by the ramdom effects that permeate through life and this was one of them.

After the encounter, I had a few small things to attend to and eventually made my way over to Polish Officer's Memorial on the eastern most part of the plain, on West Point and parked below it on a spot overlooking the bend of the Hudson River. (shaddup, so its a long run on sentence, I'm not an english major). There I practiced my piping for a little bit before heading to Trophy Point for the Evening Jazz Knights Concert. Well I sat through the concert and it was OK, some music we enjoy some we don't. Well to me much of jazz sounds like a discordant cacophony of sounds, still there were a few pieces I found easier to listen to than others. Again tastes in music being relative.

Well that pretty much rounds up my day on Sunday. its amazing how serendipitous and random life can be.

Well, I'm off to consider other things today, possibly a easy walk through the Torne,
But its not to be a day of hard running as I am letting the major muscle groups relax and recover from yesterday.

Cheers & Prosit.
Q

No comments: