Monday, August 18, 2008

Ah Home again.

Well it was a long weekend in PA, eventful and uneventful both. The dogs, Moose and Rocky are easier to deal with than some people and better companions too.

Well lets see. Sunday was the Poker Run and it was a good ride. Started in Milford PA, over to NJ up through NY back over to PA and fininshing in Dingmans Ferry/Delaware Township, where I had a home for a few years. For me the ride was uneventful, Ride my own pace and style. For others well there was at least one motorcycle accident that occured with a small goup behind me. I understand the rider was airlifted to the hospital but should recover. Still anything we do in life is not without risk. Its how we manage the risks that make the differences.

Still, It was a scenic and easy ride. One I wouldn't mind repeating in some subtler ways.

Some things I am certain about though after some end of ride festivities. Some bands need professional sound technicians, Volume does not replace quality of music. Karioke DJs should be made to sit infront of their loudest speakers while the volume is cranked up. There are a few places I rarely enter or go without hearing protection. Behind motorcycles with straight pipes and Bars offering karioke night. I'd rather listyen to the stacato effect of an M60 machine gun or whining reving of a chain saw compared to those sounds. Still even then. just give me a beverage and let me go outside. Painfully loud is too loud, and there are other sounds I still enjoy and prefer hearing. Zippy the Pinhead warbling a tune in a volume that can be hear by Ocean Liners in a fog isn't one of em, nor are straight pipes on a V twin engine.

Did some running in PA, and I hate the roads out there as most don't have anything resembling a shoulder. Still I did two 6.6 and one 4.2 mile days. Surpisingly I find the hills there suck worse; Either seemingly endless in grade or steeper than I would like to deal with.

Also spent time walking the mutant puppies. 6 months old and 60+ pounds a piece. Still I think they are happy dogs when I'm there as I'll take for a couple of mile walks and let em play in the water some what. I'll attempt to post pictures of the wee beasties too.

No comments: