Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday's post race report.

Image from after the Saturday, 23 Aug, 2008 5K race in New Windsor, NY

Yes, did another race this morning. This was a cross country race on and around the grounds of the Monroe-Woodbury High School. I arrived early and signed in getting race number 374 assigned to me. The race began at 09:00 and we did a series of loops which took us by the upper school building out to the back building down a modest hill and into a residential are were we began an uphill grind before going back down hill towards Rt 32 and back into the school grounds.

This time I finished 7th in my Age group and came out 85th in a field of 156 runners with a recorded time of 25 minutes and 47 seconds or nearly 8 minutes and 18 seconds a mile. Still I used this run more as a training and recreational run than anything else. If the competition was to be truely meaningful, I would of been placed in a weight and age comparitive class. You don't find too many fast runners over 200 pounds or if you prefer an archaic weight measurement 15 stone or close to 98 kilograms for you metric fanatics.

Well thats all for now, I've got places to go and people to annoy yet today.
Cheers all!
Q

No comments: