Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Anger management, venting and issues.

Well, I been getting out to run each morning. Aside from the half marathon my normal morning run is 4 & 1/2 miles. I start my run in the dark about 5AM and finish befor 6Am. It helps moderate my mood.

My father has managed to piss me off. Micro managing control freak who does things at his time and speed.eaning unless it is critical to him it will never get done or a job has got to do it to his standards no matter how wrong it may be. case in point, the penny wise, pound foolish methodology of fence repair; After hurricane Katrina the fence around his yard was in tatters. A smart person would not of attempted to salvage the fence. He wanted to save the fence in order to save money. Well now a few years after Katrina the fence needes reapair again. The posts supporting the repaired section where never set properly and only a single nail was used to support the stringers holding the vetical planks.

I'm not fixing the fence. Especially if thats the standard to persue. Doing things on the cheap costs four times as much in the long run.

Well next week I'm on the road again from this layover and won't deal with him face to face again for a while to come. I don't need that level of supressed anger in my life.Its one thing to be opinionated. Its another to have todeal with another person who has to always be catered and defered to as his always right and won't admit when he's wrong or made a mistake.

Yes, I can be stubborn and mule headed. Still even I know when to say Thank you, Please, and ask for assistance. It is rare that I've ever recieved a compliment from my father and more often he's made demands upon me and my brothers that have driven us from him.

Well, he can stew in his own juices for another year after this visit.

Well if nothing else the weather down here has been easier than in NY, and I've gotten my bagpipes out several time to practice down by the beach front. That seems to help calm me down.

OK I apologize for venting like that. But I'm human and have my moments too.

Regardless, everyone have a safe and easy holiday season. I'll be off and on randomly.

Q

No comments: