Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 14th, Florida.

Well I've been in florida for a few days now and things are much calmer here. I arrived in Tarpon Springs the evening of Wednesday the 11th and got a fair night's sleep.

There have been a few problems enroute though and I'll know more Mondaym morning; One issue is I melted down the wheel bearings on the right side of my boat trailer. I suspect I've done the worst and may need a new axle as I fear I've gouged the spindle. Still once the trailer is repaired I shall attempt to get my little boat in the the waters of Lake Tarpon for a few days before Christmas.

Also next weekend I'll do a two day fast turnaround trip back to MS. God save me, but I'll drive my parents over to Fla to my Aunt's home for a small Christmas gathering.

Some good news this week as well; My Cousin is due to be wheels up from Iraq next week. It shall be good to have him back in country.

As for my escapades, well...
I've been running still and did a half marathon today. The 7th annual Gulf Beaches Holiday Halfathon aka a half marathon. The course was flat except for two overpasses and a drawbridge. The weather was warm but the cloud cover made things much more bearable. the Pinellas County Sheriffs' office provided road coverage on the courseand kept us safe from our selves as well. The temperature touched the 75* mark but again the cloud cover helped it to feel cooler. Yet still it was a fast course and I finished in 2hours, 18 minutes, 22 seconds. which is 8:47 faster than two weeks ago.

For everyone still in NY, take things easy & stay safe.

Regards,

Q

No comments: