Monday, December 22, 2008

22 Dec, 2008. Almost Christmas.

Well lets see I last posted on December 14th and what have I done since then?

Well I've been running still, practicing my bagpiping, sight seeing, eating, drinking, road tripping and wasting time; but not essentially in that order.

While the weather here is much nicer than the NE currently, I do sort of miss the snow and Christmas season in the NE. A Green Christmas just seems different, especially when you seen the decorations under palm trees. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss moving and piling snow; my former land lady might miss me doing that but hey, I don't ( nor do I miss some other things.) hehehehee.

This past Saturday and Sunday I did a 1080 mile road trip. Drove my van back up to ocean Springs, MS on Saturday and Sunday drove my parents in their car back to Tarpon Springs, FL. Still even with all the driving I've done I haven't missed a day's running this week either. With all the distance I've recorded since begining my marathon training back in may; I'm well on my way to attaining 1,150 miles for the year. Not a record by some measures; but for myself, I'm astounded.

Well the good news for the year is one of my Cousins (in the Army) is away from Iraq and should be home within a couple of more days if not home already. All my brothers are healthy and their families are doing OK. My Parents are here in FL with my Aunt another Cousin and myself. My other Cousins are all doing well and living is easy.

So what is next? Maybe a little Christmas Shopping, but not too much otherwise. Somehow even though I hear the music on the radio, see the decorations on the yards and in the stores I feel very disassociated from the Christmas season this year. Maybe its because I'm more accustomed to working either Christmas day or eve and not having it free to do as I will.

Well to all my friends from Team Guinan and from Jim's Store as well as the guys whom I worked with at the West Point, NY. Fire Department; Have a safe, secure and enjoyable Christmas and Holiday Season. May God Bless you all and watch over you, Keep the reason for the season in your hearts and observe it as you deem fit. But no matter where you go, or what you do. You've all have had a memorial impact upon my life and I can't thank you all enough for the time I've spent with you.

So unless I post Christmas Greetings, please accept this from me for now:

Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year to You and Yours.
Everyone in every way makes a difference in everyones' lives no matter how great or minor. I've been enriched by knowing so many people over the years and have been made more aware of society beyond my own small social circles. I can not thank you all for the greatest gifts; Of your selves and your friendship.

Thank you all.

Q

No comments: