Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday's wanton self abuse, well run and weekly update.

Ah Wednesday, Hump Day, Mit Woche, the middle of the week; and whats a confirmed lunatic to do? well after going for a very early morning run and taking a mid morning nap its back to eating like a teenager. < I hear the dieticians screaming Clairese. >

Seriously I've ran starting at 04:00 local time for 22 miles in a total time of 4 hours and 32 minutes. Not world record speed but for a person who is preparing for a first marathon, I think its pretty good. But that wasn't my goal. I'm running the long distance too fast. My goal was to run for a time of 5 hours minimum. The problem is I've no sense of speed and time. I just go and go and go.

Well aside from my morning run and eating like a teenager what have I done? Hmmm loaded question there.

Monday, Sept 15th. I did a 13 mile run out to Fire Station 3 on Rt 293, back down hill into west Point through washington Gate, through central Area, the Village of Highland Falls and Back home. Then later on Monday a nice 125 mile motorcycle ride using only 2.3 gallons of fuel, made a couple of social calls, gave a personal thank you to a donor to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (remember I'm doing the running as a fund raiser?) and returned home via a circuitous route running through Pine island and Warwick, NY. OK the ride may not of been neccessary but I needed a diversion. Then after I got home I let Sharon's (my landlady) Dogs out, fed them and watered them, while she's at work this week. They are low maintenance dogs and usually kept indoors; One is a rat with a PHD, another is a weasel and the third is a senile geriatic old fool of a dog. Well thats' monday.

Tuesday the 16th. Checked upon the mutts, let them out for a bit before putting them back in their room and heading down to peekskill for my weekly Bagpipe practice. After returning home I again let the mutts out of solitary confinement and looked upon the day. Also I didn't run on Tuesday, being a down day from my 13 mile effort on Monday and the possibility that I would abuse myself with a 20 to 22 mile effort on the 17th depending upon the weather report. Still not a bad day overall. Dinner in preparation for the 17th was Spaghetti with White Clam Suace, Parmesan chees, and gatoraid. I may of wanted a beer, but I didn't need to abuse my kidneys or liver before a extended run.

Wednesday 17 September. My alarm clock is set for 03:00 and I wake up at 02:30, OK the internal alarm is set fast no big deal. Morning abolutions, light breakfast, gatoraid and water, some stretching then out the door for a false start. Go back inside for my ID card for West Point then back out with a actual start time of 04:00.
Left on to Main st. Left on to Satterlee Rd. Right on to Cedar, left onto Villa Parkway, Around Roe Park and past Ruddy's house up onto Mearns Ave and follow that to Mountain Ave. Up Mountain Ave to 9W and past Eagle Valley Cemetary down to the junction of NY's 218 and 293. Left on 293 to 1 mile past the entrance of Fire Break 20 (about 200 meters past the 3.5 mile mark from firestation 3) turn around and head back to fire Station 3. where I stopped and refilled my Camel Back with Gatoraid powder (premeasured at home) and water shake and go. Left toward west Point's Washington Gate, right in the gate (2.5 miles from fire station3 and 5 miles from home) stop for a ID check and on down washington Rd, Cullum Rd, Jefferson Rd, Thayer Extension, Thayer Rd and out Thayer Gate onto Main St. in Highland Falls for the final mile & one half to home.

Stretched threw my sweaty nasty clothes in to the washer, Showered and time for Second breakfast consisting of (be ready to go eeewwwww) a bananna blended with milk and poured over a bowl of Raisun Bran. Let turn to mush and its like having a Raisun Bran & Bananna Pudding. After breakfast walk to the neighbors and get the key to my Landlady's home so I can let the 3 stooges out. They take care of their business I ensure they've got the minimum requirements for the day, return them to solitary confinement take a nap which brings me back to where I started today's entry.

So much for that exercise in circular writings.

Have a safe and easy day. I'll update in a few days. Who knows maybe I'll even run in the Montgomery NY 5K on Saturday the 20th.

Cheers & Prosit Alles!
Q

No comments: