Sunday, September 7, 2008

Just a simple update for Sunday.

Since my last entry was on Wednesday, I'll fillin what I remember for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and today.

Thursday was a slow easy day spent goofing on this computer, grocery shopping at the West Point comissary and maybe a run to the Rite Aid Pharmacy.

Actually i used my bicycle to go to the Commissary , for all that i purchased the basket on the handlebars was sufficent to carry. Yet, I've a couple of bags i can attach to carry a larder load. They shall be useful yet.

Friday, the 5th; Ran 20 miles in the morning anddid much better than the first time I ran that same distance. I didn't expend all my energy on the distance and completed the run in 4 hours, 2 minutes and 13 seconds. Whereas the last time which was the first time I ran 20 miles I collapsed from exhaustion this time I did not. Still I did a few things differently too. I ate a light breakfast before going out and started at 03:40 in the Morning. My first 20 mile effort, I started near 06:00 and finished 3 hoursand 51 minutes later when the Sun was high and the heat was climbing.

So all in all Friday the 5th was a good day. Also in the evening I headed to the Southgate to have a few pints of beer. A couple of reasons for that but the fact I wanted to social ize and have a few beers will suffice. Although there was another compelling reason to leave the apartment as well. I'm not fond of Opera.

Saturday, ran a slow 3 miles around the track, the heat and humidity prior to tropical Storm Hanna was rough. Still I looked as though I had gone swimming when done. 70 degrees, 76% relative humidity and doing so at 07:00 in the morning doesn't make a pleasurable run. I actually ran the air conditioner to dehumidify the apartment on saturday morning and again on Saturday night so I could sleep.

Still Saturday wasn't all running and relaxation. I had also gone to my younger brother's place and mucked about a bit on his jeeep. He's also got a nice garden going and its starting to produce a nice assortment of vegetables too.

Sunday the 7th. Ran 3 miles in the Am and then went to the Charles Ives Center in Danbury CT. for a days' recreation. The danbury AOH had put on their annual Irish fest this weekend from the 5th through the 7th. and I had a nice time there. sat in at the session tent played one tune badly on the pipes and then did an ok job with another tune. After that I just used the practice chanter to didle out a couple of tunes between sets. I don't really like to play in front of people as it is. I'm just a Hack Piper and would rather play for my own enjoyment.

Still I took the long way home tonight. and got in about 1/4 till 11 at night. Its now 11:44/23;44 PM as I type this out ant if it seems some what disjointed i can only blame it on being Tipsy. A nice glow but not quite a full bore drunk either. Still this week I need to practice sobriety for a few days and rest my liver. Not that I drink till I'm drunk. I've just been drinking beer too much lately and need to refrain for a bit.

Ah by the way did I mention that in addition to the B17 I saw earlier this week I also saw what I think was a B25 mitchell bomber as well on Wednesday? Someday when I see such a sight again I'll have my camera with me so that I may document it. Well regardless it was different seeing those old War Birds earlier this week.

Monday I may do a 10 mile run and make Tuesday my rest & recovery day. The reasoning behind that is due to Bagpipe practice on tuesday mornings. I seemto do much better if I haven't gone on a run before going to practice. Well that covers some of the stuff for now. There is more but its late and I need to sleep soon as well.

So good night everyone and have a safe upcoming week.

Q

No comments: