Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Morning (early day), a rant and some other commentaries.

Yes I do mean early, not for making a post but for starting my day. I been awake since about 04:00 local time.

Yesterday was the seven year aniversary of the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks on NYC, the Pentagon in Virginia, and the Airliner which crashed in Shanksville PA.
Muslim extremists some say, Whabbist taught extremist say others. Islamofascist another term yet used, and still very little from the Moderate Islamic population in dealing with murderous, treacherous, vile sub-human filth whose progenitors should be given retroactive abortions. If Islam is a faith of peace, why aren't there more peacable muslims?

I'm not proposing a glassing over of Mecca, although if some Radical Islamic factions don't de-escalate their positions I wouldn't shed a tear at this point if Medina, Mecca, Tehran, and areas (Pakistani tribal regions) providing support for Al-Qeada became self illuminating glass bottomed funeral pyres. Although the loss of life on the massive scale that would cause is unfathomable, it would ensure at least the likelyhood of extremist attacks on civilian populations is made more remote. As the more pressing concern would be how to contain the Nuclear Armageddon and care for survivors.

This attitude isn't callous indifference for human life. Its callous indifference for those who cheapen human life.

OK Rant is done on to other commentaries;

Today is friday September 12th, 6 weeks and 2 days remaining till the Marine Corps Marathon.

I'm still working on fund raising efforts for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through it's Team in Training Program. Still have to raise almost $1000,oo and am waiting for responses back from the various Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, Posts which I've mailed letters off to. I hopefully will start seeing responses this week as many VFW posts shutter operations during the Summer Months of July and August.

Training for the Marathon is coming along well too. I've completed two, Twenty Mile runs. The First one on August 25th and the second one on September 5th. The second one was much easier and relaxed than the first one. Its funny; as for the first 20 mile run I completed that in 3 hours and 52 minutes and the second one in 4 hours and 2 minutes. Yet the second one wasn't as physically punishing as the first effort.
Aside from a slower overall pace the biggest difference was I listened to my choices of music on a MP3 player during my second run. No heavy metal or fast syncopated beats, lots of Folk Music, Celtic and Blue Grass inspired music as well.

As for today, I did a short run of 10 miles. Short relative to the 20 mile distances that is. Started at 05:00 and finished at 06:45. Ran along Main St. to Satterlee, back and around to Roe Park up to Mearns Ave, up to Mountain Ave and along 9W before heading east on 218 and into West Point at Washington Gate Along Washington & Cullum Roads to Jefferson left onto Thayer Mall (formerly Thayer Extension) on to Thayer Rd down to and around Buffalo Soldier Field on Swift Rd. Exiting Thayer Gate onto Main St in the Village of Highland Falls and another 1.65 miles back home. So a nice loop course with a not too insignificant a hill climb thrown in.

Well that pretty much sums up my training for the Marathon this week.

One other thing I did yesterday was go off to a State Park and practice a few tunes on my Bagpipes, As yesterday was September 11, Slow contemplative tunes and funerary aires seemed appropriate. Still the setting was peaceful the waters were protected from the breeze and calm, the clouds dappling the muting the vibrancy of the colors. Even the hikers across the pond from me paused and listened quietly while I practiced. No politicians, no speaches marking or commemorating the day, just a few simple tunes played to the best of my ability.

Have a safe day and weekend everyone.
Q

No comments: