Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday segue into the new week

Well soon Sunday shall be over and for many its back to the same old grind. For me it shall be more miles. I've another 20 run to do sometime this week.

But as for today, just a few different things; went over to Carmel NY to partake in a 5K race. Only one of the volunteers to provide direction wasn't in place and about 1/2 mile was eliminated by the entire flock of runners. We prttty much knew something was wrong by the finishing run times. With the heat and humidity of the morning even with my best effort there was no way I would fininsh 3.1 miles in 21 minutes. Still many of us concluded the run was atleast 1/2 mile shy of the correct distance. So much for the First Dan K 5K.

Then this afternoon I fueled my van up. $65 for 1/2 tank, with the damage caused to the oil infrastructure in the south by Hurricane Ike the Bobble-Heads are predicting $5.00 a gallon in the coming weeks.

That was followed by a ride to popolopnen Lake where I practiced bagpiping for a while and then down to Woodbury, had 2 large beers at T.G.I.Fridays and their Pulled Pork BBQ Ravioli appetizers as a dinner. Then to Target for some stuff for Halloween a return trip ti Highland falls, one beer at the South Gate, a ride up to O'Neil High School and a mile &1/2 walk around the track before calling a night.

So that's it for today, It's crash time, good night and a safe week everyone.
Q

No comments: