Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Monday, January 5th, 2009, 21:45 EDT.

Well I am getting ready to retire for the night. Today has been a challenge just to keep a civil tongue with my father. He tries the patience od anyone. That and my mother stirs the pot slightly as well. Oh I'm no inocent but even I understand (usually) when its best to keep a still tongue.

As for recent events, Yesterday i drove my parents back to MS, from FL. As my father has to do everything in his own way regardless of who may be affected All I've brought with me on this trip was the computer, my toilet kit and the clothes upon my back. Needless to say I'm not in a great mood. But i'm departing on wednesday morning come hell or highwater.

My Father has said that I may come back to MS on my way back north to bring two canoes up to my brothers and he would have a bill of sale ready for me to bring up with them. I have not inquired nor have my brothers inquired about the canoes. We've been rebuffed upon the issue previously and have decided to forget about the items. As for myself I'd rather just load them on the roof rack on my van and be off with them with out need to back track over 500 North and West from Southern FL when I return to NY for my Veterans Administration Hospital Appointments. As it is my Father presumes too much.

Well tomorrow I am to help him dispose of his old TV which ceased working a few months ago. I wasn't allowed to dispose of it in Novemebr as he needs to mark the cables feeding into it as they are. All that feeds into it is the Cable TV coaxial and the power cable. He has never figured out how to use the DVD player with the TV set in the den. Even though I've shown him repeatedly and even written down step by step instructions. Then I am to transport the new TV back to the house. Why is this? Its because on the old S-10 pickup truck he has there is a tonneau cover which has shrunk with age and it takes two men a bog and a educated Rolden Retriever with the gift of gab to get the cover back on after its been removed.
Thusly my currently empty Cargo Van is the prefect vehicle to carry the old TV and new one. Arrrgh, as Charlie brown would of exclaimed.

Since I am without my running shoes and related items i went for a 4&1/2 mile walk this morning instead, Oh that was after my father insisted upon making pancakes for breakfast. Myself, when I awaken I'd rather exercise and accomplish the needed tasks for the day. That way I can loaf without guilt. Well breakfast was done at 9Am at 9:30 AM I went for my walk and retuned at 11AM intime enough to get out for Lunch at 11:30AM. God save me before I consume food too early again. Well atleast I could choose the food I had for lunch and the blackened Catfish wasn't half bad.

After lunch I went over to Keesler AFB's Post exchange. 1 pair of Under Armour briefs, 2 knee braces and a 15 foot adjustable bungee cord kit later I departed. Checked out the wares in a Music Store, had a Mocha Chip Frozen beverage and practice lightly with my wooden Pakistani Chanter down by the entrance to Biloxi Bay as the fog finally lifted towards sunset..

Well Dinner was nice, and I went for a easy walk after eating then rolled the garbage can out by the road before showering and retiring to the bed room & weiting this before going to sleep tonight.

I shall check my e-mail and post this in the morning. There is no critical need to post it today and tomorrow morning is soon enough.
As for sleep, Well I should sleep comfortable, I've got the windows open and the cieling fan circulating the air. My father would find the suggested fires of hell a comfortable temperature but 70+ Farenheit is too warm for me. The Old man would have a coniption if he knew I had the windows open; Its winter and cold outside. Its January on the Gulf Coast, The temperature varies but I doubt we'll see 32 degrees F tonight. But the fresh air is so much better than the indoor staleness and stagnant air. Well I've pissed & moaned enoughh. Time to call it a night and pass out. Tomorrow I walk again. I need to, I eat too much and i can not afford t be sedentary. Being lazy is one thing , being imobile will kill me too soon and I know theres more for me in the world than relgating myself to a mausoleum at age 51.

Well Good night All, have a safe week and I'll post again soon.

Q
*************************************************************************************************************************Tuesday, Jan 6, 2009, 08:20 EDT, The Epithany also the feast of the 3 Wise Men, Kings or Magi dependant upon interpetation of the Bible.

Still In MS, Started the day with a 4 & 1/2 mile walk starting about 05:30 EDT and finishing about 07:55 EDT. My only pair of trousers were sweated through in the January warmth of MS. Although a male parental unit dresses like its the depths of a main winter here. As it was i took my shirt off during the walk to maintain a small level of comfort.

All and all I must emphasis that those people who grow up in the South and never travel else where are IGNORANT (Fill in the Blank) when actually having to describe cold weather. If one more weather broadcaster describs 40 degrees farenheit as cold in the winter he should be banished to International Falls MN for December, January and February with out adequate protective clothing. Southern Weather Forecastersa are IGNORANT OXYGEN THIEVES AND BUTT PIRATES!

Well after reading Wendy's blog this morning I know I'm in better conditions than many other people and have been blessed in comparison. I should have no reason to rant and rail as I do at times, but when I'm frustrated by individuals, it is better to blow off steam in this fashion than to remove them from the gene pool.

No comments: