Saturday, June 27, 2009

Weather and life in general

By now many folks here in the Northeast are getting tired of the near daily rain fall. We've had more rain in June than Washington State. Its a rough start to summer.

As for the summer, so far I haven't done too much in regards to recreational activities. The sail boat sits land locked as the rains don't make for fun sailing, and the motorcycles are hibernating as wet roads bring out the worst in drivers.

Speaking of motorcycles, Its time to consider purchase of a new one and selling what I've already own. I've only one arse and can't ride two motorcycles at the same time, so selling looks like the way to go. But what to replace the bikes with? I'm leaning heavily towards a Suzuki DR 650. Its a healthy mix of power, speed, and fuel economy. I dislike riding the interstates and have never minded exploring the side roads and rustic byways where pavement is a vague consideration for the future.

So a dual sport bike is looking like a reasonable option.

But as there is more to life than motorcycles, fast women and as this is a PG rated blog I'll let you imagine the rest of that line. I'm also involved with a host of other activities. I'm preparing to run in the Marine Corps Marathon in October, as well as the Army Ten Miler before that. Looking forward to possibly getting some scuba diving in. Some bagpiping and a bit of logging (Timber) before my pilgrimage south for the winter.

So while my days are varied, they are also mundane. About the only thing I don't worry about is worry-ing.

So keep things safe folks, don't sweat the stuff you can't control and relax. Schedule appointments like the cable company does. As long as you show up on the correct day, Life is good.

No comments: