Monday, June 8, 2009

OMG, I've been slacking

OK, I've been slacking when it comes to adding mundane content and blurbs. Not too much of any importance has been going on. I'm still stirring the pot and occasionally creating a WTF moment for some other people. But hey, its me, what would you expect?

I've made the move and decided to put the motorcycle and sidecar up for sale, I've gotten two offers on it this past weekend and I'm waiting for a call back from a third person. I'll give a call to the luckey winner (Bwahahahahaha) tuesday afternoon. Seems like $1,800 may well take it off my hands. But at least they are going to get the spare parts, shop and parts manuals with it.

After I get the old H-D fixed for the final time it goes too. I need to check the kelly Blue Book to make a solid asking price though.

Now for the rest of the stuff covering the past couple of weeks.
I am learning to love copy & paste functions.

8 June, 2009.
OK so I haven't paid too much attention to the blog for a few weeks, lets see if I can do a half decent job of bringing things up to speed.

As of this morning, I finished running just shy of 11 miles in 2 hours 3 minutes and 50 seconds. Not blazing speed by any stretch but fast enough considering the elevation changes I deal with. Dropping 50 feet in the first 1/10th mile, followed by a climb of 80 feet to finish off the first mile. from mile 1 to mile 3 there is a 160 foot drop in elevation followed by a climb of 90 feet to 4.8 miles. Droping 21 feet at 5.1 miles an climbing again 239 feet by my 6.25 mile mark. Then by the time I arrive at 6.9 miles I've desended 106 feet only to start climbing 177 feet by the time I read my 8.2 mile position. this is followed by a drop of 20 feet in 1/10th mile and no significant change till I reach the 9.15 mile mark where I begin a 314 foot drop in the lenght of 1&1/10th miles then a 75 foot climb back to the current domicile.

Sunday,June 7th, I spent the better part of the day at the Brewster Elks Flea Market with the Motorcycle and side car and a for sale sign upon it. I've recieved a offer of 1,800 dollars for it and I'm waiting for another person to check his finances. I'll call the older fellow who offered 1,800 on tuesday if I don't hear back from the other person later today (Monday June 8th). In the evening I brought the motorcycle back up to my younger brother's yard and parked the trailer there. Then set about doing some brush cutting before dinner and heading down to the domicile for the night.

Saturday, June 6th, I and a few other drunk, dazed and dizzy dimwits decided to go canoeing on the Delaware river, Conditions where nice over all and the water comfortable on the unexpected dunkings.
Costly part of the day; Loosing my glasses on the first dunking. Not good but I always keep a spare pair in my vehicles for emergencies. Well after the conoe experience i headed to my younger brother's place to pick up the motorcycle & side car for the flea market on the 7th, But a short side trip was made to the optical shop where the lost glasses where purchased so a replacement set could be ordered

So that covers the look back in more recent events. Now changing the time line and working forward from the end of May, I am of course keeping up with the running. and covered a total of 13 miles from Monday the 25th to Sunday the 31st. As for many others who will use the high school track (where I go when I try to do speed work) I refer to them as cattle and cows due to there bovine limits of intellegence. Using every track lane even when there are other using the track and staying in just one or two lanes as they run the track not waddle about. So a ne insult is being constructed Track Cattle for the bloated bovine bumblers.

Also during this period, my younger brother and myself have prepared a few trees for next winter & the heating season. Burned the brush piles of tree parts we won't or can't use. Cut a load of brush and serviced a bit of equipment.

Monday, June 1st through Friday, June 5th;

Monday, a 6 mile run on the rail trail, and a day of goofing off. Ok I wish. I also had my bagpipes out to practice with and took my autistic nephew to Karate practice. One of the things we are attempting to do is have hime become more socially involved with others. The Karate seems to help and now we are pushing him to assist his classmates in other ways. Such as wiping down the equipment at the end of the night's session. He's protesting the extra 5 minutes of effort and wasting 10 minutes in the process. Its a contest of wills. But mine is stronger. The Sensi for the Dojo has said the kid now needs to progress to proper boxing gloves weighting 16 ounces.

Tuesday, a 3.18 mile run along a NYC resevoir, did some laundry took in the new Star Trek Movie, Its OK. Has nice special effects and a fast enough paced story line. But it stretches the story lines a bit too. Still it opens the door for another Star Treck franchise.

Wednesday, 8.4 miles on the Putnam County Rail Trail. Actually had to take the cover off the Camel Back and wash it out today. The salt stains where more than heavy. They were turning the black shoulder straps brownish white. Then later in the evening I met up with the Fraternal Order of Police, Pipe Band for a bit of practice. I'll be joining them in Lake George for the Hudson Valley Volunteer Firemans Parade. Then its I'll be headed for the Gult Coast to visit family this summer. Mom is 83 and Dad is 80.

Thursday, 3.18 miles along the resevoir followed by a relaxed day and taking the one nephew to Karate. On the trip to the karate class, I learned that the kid needs glasses for vision correction. He has some trouble with distance. I learned this after asking him to read the writing on the back of a police car maybe 30 to 40 feet ahead of us. He said he couldn't read the smaller print. OK, chalk up another reason he may have some difficulties with socialization. I had suspected issues with vision earlier but confirmation wasn't a revealation.

Friday, 3.24 miles on the high school track, Mixed sprints into the normal run finishing the track session in 31 minutes. Fortunately I was done before the rains came to visit all day. About the hardest thing done this day was posting out my Auto Insurance for the year and Voter Registration change of address.

OK so that pretty much covers the mundane existance and events for the past week or so.

As for today, Watch out world, laundrymat here I come! hey my running clothes reek and need the cleaning.

Oh and one final thing. I did take part in a Volunteer Fireman's Parade in Pleasantville the other week. It is supposedly the first time the parade has gone off without a serious rainfall in a few years.

OK Have a safe time everyone, Benny be careful with the school bus this final week or so of school. Don't try one of my tricks like Armor Alling the vinyl seats and then yelling at the kids to stay in the seats.

Cheers!

No comments: