Saturday, March 15, 2008

St Paddy's Day activities.

St. Patrick's Day is Monday of Easter Week this year. Also St. Paddy's Day is different things to different people; International Amatuer Drunkards Day, a Religous day of reflection, Parades and other activities. Yes, I'm an American of Irish Ancestry, as well as French and German, But I am an American First so I'll keep the Saint's day in my own way.

Tomorrow (Sunday) there is a road race in FDR park in Yorktown, NY. I very well may run the 6 kilometer event in my Kilt while wearing a Kelly Green beret. Now the Kilt is a registered pattern for the U.S. Army and the Beret has a large VFW cross & shield design along with an Irish Harp Pin and SFC rank pin and Regimental Crest. So yeah I'll appear some what militant during the run.

Adding to the irish theme of today's entry, I uploaded a series of photos to the Flickr website. the tag is Guinan's. The photos are fairly ordinary, I'm not a trained photographer, and they aren't staged for the most part. The people who made Jim Guinan's store in Garrison, NY what it was, images of the store, and images of the events.

If I knew how to link photos I would but I don't so I won't.

As as for myself, I soon start physical therapy for a recurring knee injury. I've threatened the people at the VA Hospital that I could show up half drunk, wearing a kilt and signing Irish Songs badly. Their response was a very concise very simple and droll "Well that would be different".
Yes, They do have a sense of Humor! :)

Well, in a little bit I shall venture forth and practice with my Bagpipes. I wonder if I could get a free beer to go some where else if I bring them into a bar with me?

No comments: