Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Part of the Red Dress Run in Albany, Spring of 2008.

From the St. Patrick's Day 10K March 16th, 2008.
11 Nov, 2009.

Well, yesterday I met with a few of my former co-workers in Highland Falls, but not under the most favorable of circumstances. The wife of another had passed unexpectedly from complications of a disease. I have no words to express my condolences for him and his family but pray that this event does not cause him too much grief.

In other bits, one of the reasons I've stayed in NY State a bit longer than I had expected is that I've assumed the position much like an Au Pair, Mr. Nanny so to speak. No I wouldn't of though of this occuring several months ago, but it isn't difficult, just different. So what might I expect in the coming weeks? Ah I'll be taking the kids to Vermont to a Raggea Festial, Um OK I didn't see that one coming, nor would I of expected it in Vermont, but it is happening in a Ski Resort Area so anything is possible.

Not too much really going on I'm still attempting to run several days a week, I'm considering, seriously or deliriously, running another Marathon this year. My right knee and leg will be the deciding factor as training progresses. But regardless, I'll be out and about a bit later this morning helping fracture the pavement the spring freeze and thaw cycles is loosening up. One of the things I'll do in prep for a fall marathon is join in on several local foot races. Sunday the 15th, there is a St. Patrick's Day 10K in FDR State Park. I ran that last year wearing a Kilt. I think I shall have a go at it again this year again in a kilt.

OK its a bit different, but when you get a few people with a sense of humor out running for fun, it can get interesting. Maybe this year I'll catch the lady dressed as a Leprechaun. Also don't forget that some of these races are family evens and out of the mouths of children can come pearls of truth. One memorable comment was "Mommy that man is wearing a skirt!" Technically the little one is correct.

Well since I've run in a red dress last year through the city of Albany during the Tulip Festival, and St. Paddy's day in a kilt, maybe I'm ready to get into Drag Racing, or not. Though if I had stayed in Key West, I could observe or take part in that city's annual drag race, with real Drag Queens; Uh too over the top. But it is fun to take aprt in some of the more unusual events to raise funds for various charities.

No comments: