Sunday, January 27, 2008

Q's new beginning

Q, why Q? Why not may be the least reasonable answer I could provide for anyone. But there are several answers to that question and it isn't related to James Bond's Quartermaster, Mr. Roddenberry, Any Star Trek program or characters related to the program. First I've a unique name, my given name starts with the letter Q. Second I've had professional relations with some serious jokers over the years and one would address me as Q rather than by my name. So in a sense this is to remember him by and as a different way of expressing myself.

A new beginning; No I'm not born again, experiencing a rebirth of any kind spiritual, physical (geez that could hurt someone I'm 6'2" and 235 pounds) or existential.

No, my new beginning is much simpler. I have recently retired from a professional position and have some free time to explore the country, things around me and interact with them as I will. Thus the Blog is Q's escapades. I hope to be light hearted with what I do. I've had to be too serious for too long with my previous career(s). So while there may be moments where I may come across heavily, it is because of how a subject affects me.

So join me upon the 'Ship of Fools' called life and if you see a posting from anything resembling 'S/V Wayward Son' be advised that's the name of my sail boat and it may be part of my journeys for a while.

So grab a beer, sit back and enjoy the show. For so far in my life 'A Long Strange Trip' is what it has been.

Prosit and Cheers!
Q.

No comments: